View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What price manners?

Today I had an unexpected work booking, and because it was unlikely I'd make it home and then back out again with Dandy to get to the vet's by his 5pm appointment. So I did the polite thing, and phoned up to warn them I might be late. There was a 6.50 appointment, and I asked them to book me into that as well in case I was too late for my 5pm. In the event, the traffic was not too bad, and I got home, managed to box Dandy up, parked right outside the surgery (across the car park gateway...) and stepped inside at 5pm on the dot. Booked in. And waited. And waited. And waited. And saw person after person who'd arrived after me go in to get their pet seen. Eventually I asked what on earth was going on. I mean, I was patient, because when Dandy and Beano went along last month they took 45 minutes instead of the usual 10. That's when I found that the nurse I'd spoken to had actually cancelled my five o'clock. And the practice manager with whom I'd booked in (the practice manager) didn't wonder why I'd arrived nearly 2 hours early, or think to mention I'd have to wait so long to be seen. Happy bunny I was not. After 50 minutes I finally got seen. Poor Dandy. As I left, I told the practice manager that next time I thought I might be running late, I wouldn't bother to phone them and let them know. When I got home, I found I'd dropped my fleece on the way out. Damn. So much for the dignified superior exit.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Bummer. Sorry that happened to you. :( Hope Dandy is OK though...was this a regular check up?

val said...

He's having to have Vit B12 jabs to support his system while we get his hyperthyroidism under control. Weekly for now, then monthly. Poor baby hates the carriers, hates the vet's, and I hate doing it to him.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

At least you let them know you were running late. I work for a community-based team in the NHS. I can't tell you how many times they'e on their way and someone will call and cancel a long-standing appointment 30 minutes or less before it's due to happen; or the person isn't home when they get there. It's VERY frustrating - not to mention expensive!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake