View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Speaking Too Soon

Remember my "one down, 79 million to go" post? Well, it turned out not to be even one down.

When I tried to use the hot water function of my boiler today, it was back to Square 1.

Fortunately they were able to send out an engineer fairly swiftly. Even more fortunately, having decided that it really was the pump that was at fault, not just the wiring, he happened to have the right model in his van. Apparently this is unusual.

So my luck is still running about 90/10 against, instead of its usual 100% against.

Meanwhile, my striving to save energy took the latest absurd turn yesterday. My kettle is a wonder - it is lit from within and changes colour as it heats up and cools down. But the light stays on all the time unless I turn it off at the mains, which I sometimes forget. So I'm retiring a perfectly good kettle (I already have one perfectly good retired kettle) to use this little beauty, bought yesterday for half price in British Home Stores.


The indicator light goes off when it has boiled, so I don't have to remember to turn it off or back on again.

And isn't it just a great colour?I'm thinking about retiring my perfectly good toaster so that I can have a matching one...

4 comments:

JoJo said...

I still have yet to purchase a kettle. All the new designs are impossible and would put me in danger of a steam burn. Ah well. It's not like I use one all that often.

Eliza said...

Glad you had a plumber who actually carried parts in his van :)

I adore the colour of your new kettle..ours broke last week and I'm afraid our replacement was a plain white one..but it was only £6, which is a bonus :)

vikeau said...

Totally cool. And yes it is a great color.

judith said...

Love the kettle....

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake