View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, September 12, 2011

Seriously?

The tail end of Hurricane Katya has hit the UK, especially the north. It's been pretty bad down here, so I can't imagine what it's been like up there.

I was just watching a report on the BBC news, with a reporter who called it Hurricane Cattier. Mmm. OK. Not too bad.

Somehow, though, I think she has completely misunderstood for all her life what you do to secure your premises in the face of a severe storm.

She said people were "battering down the hatches".

Deary, I think that's what they were expecting the storm to do, which is why they were battening them down.

How do these people get jobs as reporters for the organisation that's supposed to represent the best of the English language? How do they even get the Oxbridge degrees that get them those jobs?

5 comments:

Ruby said...

Sadly, Val, most of our reporters are no better over here.

Anonymous said...

I heard that and wasn't quite sure which 'hatches' I was supposed to be 'battering' ;0)

Jane said...

Over here (at least on one network) if you're Blonde and have big breasts...You've got a job.

JoJo said...

HAHAHAHAHA 'Battering down the hatches'. Too funny!!! And LOL at Tess' comment as well!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so annoying. Tess, guess I could get a job as a reporter, LOL.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake