View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, March 05, 2009

In Memoriam, a laugh and a trip down Memory Lane

Last week, after a long battle with cancer, Wendy Richard died.

While most people know her as Pauline Fowler in Eastenders, a role she had for 25 years, she is also well remembered as Miss Brahms in Are You Being Served? along with Mrs SLocum and her pussy, and Mr Humphreys' "I'm free".

But her first claim to fame came years earlier in this oft-forgotten 1960s Number 1 comedy hit record:

5 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

I really enjoyed her in "Are You Being Served?" Never saw Eastenders, but am sorry to hear of her passing. The song made me laugh, thanks to her!

Anonymous said...

It was a shame that she lost the battle in the end, but she fought long and hard against her disease.

ann said...

oh my goodness, I was singing along really enjoying that one; I haven't heard it in years

Wendy will be missed - it's very sad. I'm not into soaps, but I did enjoy Are You Being Served - showing our age here Val!

judith said...

have'nt heard that in years. thanks for sharing.x

Anonymous said...

enjoyable blog....

___________________

Vince

Lock in your price today for Your favorite channels - and keep it there until 2010!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake