View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Panic-stations!

This morning, over breakfast, I was going to watch a programme I'd recorded on Sky+ last night. Shock Horror! I couldn't get anything to play back. I HAVE MY LOCI SEASON 5 GOREN/EAMES EPISODES STORED HERE! (Except for the two I accidentally deleted - I'm new at this Sky+ thing).

OK, so I have the episodes on video and on my HDD/DVD player. SO WHAT? I don't want to lose the rest for a LONG time to come. I also didn't want to fail in getting tonight's episode.

So when I got home tonight, I called Sky. The young man (VERY Scottish, almost as hard to understand at times as a non-native speaker can be on the phone, as opposed to face-to-face) took me through a "housekeeping programme". This did not work. So he instructed me to unplug the box and take out the two input leads at the back. (Contortions required to pull out and support box, unscrew and remove leads and hold phone to ear). "This won't delete my recorded programmes, will it?" I asked nervously. He assured me it wouldn';t.

Anyway, we did it. All my programmes were intact. I thanked the young man profusely, telling him he had saved the planet (anyone think I'm exaggerating?) and heaved a huge sigh of relief as I sat down and started to vegetate in front of my TV.

Now I'm reloading my Amends album in chronological order, so all may be well with the world yet.

7 comments:

JoJo said...

Wow you actually got a competent tech support person! Good deal!

Anonymous said...

See, this is why I like my nice little silvery DVD's in their nice little (VDO-picture plastered) boxes, lined up safely on my shelf ;0)

JoJo said...

PS I still prefer videotapes! I need "the tangible"!

Eliza said...

I'm almost thankful I don't have Sky+...somehow dvd's seem easier.Well done on actually getting through to a tech support person who could actually help,they're a pretty rare breed

abc said...

you were not exaggerating. a reaction like that is totally understandable when it comes to prevent vdo-video from being deleted.

are we a bit weird? ah, who cares. ;)

Gunga Dean said...

I think getting thee to a church and lighting some sort of candle may be in order. Trying to figure out who would be the patron saint of VDO (or ViDeO).

SnarkAngel said...

I'm not the least bit relgious, as you well know, Gunga. But even I WOULD LIGHT A CANDLE IN SOME SORT OF CHURCH after an experience like that! LOL

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake