View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, September 08, 2007

Buggered? Knackered!

When my motorised bed arrived, I discovered it was slightly longer than the old bed, and left very little room to walk between the end of it and my dressing table. I've been hunting for a less deep piece of furniture with drawers so that I don't have to sidle past a half-step at a time.

I had all summer to sort this, but only actually ordered the items I found last Tuesday. They are supposed to arrive after September 16th.

One arrived yesterday (luckily a second was missing and will arrive later). It weighs 27 kilos and I had to carry it upstairs a piece at a time. As I made a start on assembling it, another knock on the door signalled the arrival of six other parcels also destined for the bedroom. Now I was really buggered. They have had to stay in the hall.

I continued assembling the chest of drawers, but then my friend arrived MUCH earlier than usual, so I had to stop. By bedtime I was ready to drop - but first I had to clear off the bed!

This afternoon I finished my task. I hauled the old chest out and into the spare room, put my undies into the drawers, then collapsed on the bed, knackered.

If those of you in the US and elsewhere didn't understand the words in the title of this post before, I venture to suggest you've worked them out now!

6 comments:

mauigirl said...

Thank you for clearing that up for us, Val. But I was hoping you were about to tell us V was buggering you (yikes) all day/night long and afterwards, the two of you were totally knackered.

val said...

I should be so lucky!

JoJo said...

I've picked up some of your slang from reading the Harry Potter books. lol

You'll have to take a picture of your new set up once all the furniture is assembled.

Anonymous said...

julie...

great story about your bed construction. very funny. i agree w/maui girl..very well put.

SnarkAngel said...

Congrats on your MAJOR accomplishment. I've assembled furniture before ... and it is ALWAYS exhausing. But when you're done, the sense of satisfaction is (almost) worth it! LOL.

ann said...

you're amazing... I am totally hopeless and have to get someone
in to do all that for me...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake