View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, May 29, 2006

Montsegur


Montsegur, a Cathar castle in the south of France, was besieged and destroyed, and the Cathars inside it slaughtered, in the 13th century.

Believe it or not, this coward, terrified of heights, climbed up to this castle in 1982. The wall at the front right of the third picture is right over a 1500m drop. The stone steps up to it are still in place, and I climbed up to see the view. Couldn't climb down again though - I had to bump down on my backside! The 10-year-old with us held on to a metal spike in the corner and leaned right out. Brave boy.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Lord I'm terrified of heights. Going up there would be the death of me!

ann said...

gosh, you've been busy today... what a lot of wonderful posts; all very interesting and fascinating.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

eliza said...

You might get me up there if Vincent was stood at the top.Then again you may not.Can't stand heights at all.

Eliza xxxxx

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Love the pictures:)

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake